MINORS DIVISION OVERVIEW
The Minors Division is a competitive baseball league for Little League Age 8 and 8 year old boys and girls (see the Little League Age Determination HERE). Team placement is through a mandatory pre-season player assessment process and a division draft. Minors managers and coaches teach baseball fundamentals, teamwork, sportsmanship, and fun.
Practices begin on March 14, 2018, and games begin on March 31, 2018 for players in the Eagle Valley and league-wide on our official Opening Day, April 7, 2018. Regular season games are played on a weekday evening and some Saturdays at a variety of locations in the Roaring Fork and Eagle Valleys. If required, due to a low team count in the division, inter-league play with Colorado River Valley Little League out of the Rifle area will occur. The regular season concludes May 25, 2018 with tournament play occurring the week of May 28, 2018.
- Minors teams will play approximately 15-17 league games, as well as an end-of-season tournament
- Players on a Minors team should expect to be on the field 4-5 times per week between games and practices.
- New in 2018, TRLL has league sponsors who will provide each player with a team jersey, hat, belt and socks
- TRLL will provide baseballs and catchers equipment to use during the season
- Also new in 2018, a sponsor has provided 2 LLI compliant bats for each team to use during the season
- The players must provide the balance of their uniforms (cleats, pants, under-garments), baseball glove and a bag; if necessary
- Rosters may be composed of between 12 and 15 players
- The field layout used is a 60-foot diamond and the pitching distance is 46 feet
Parents are strongly encouraged to become involved in this introduction level of Little League. After completing a Little League Volunteer Application and passing a required national background check, parents may become involved in practices, and be eligible as coaches, managers, umpires, local league board members and other volunteer positions within the League.
Minors Pre-Season Assessment
All players who register for the Minors Division must attend a Pre-Season Assessment. Assessments are tentatively scheduled for March 3rd or 4th, 2018. Specific times and locations will be published on www.3riversll.com and updates will be emailed to players that have registered for Minors. Players need only attend ONE Assessment date. In the case of inclement weather, tryouts will be held at an alternate indoor location specified by town representatives. All 8 and 9-year old’s will be drafted onto a Minors team. The purpose of the assessments is to ensure that players are registered for the division that best matches their playing level and to assist in forming balanced teams within each division.
Questions about Assessments? Contact your local Player Agent:
City of Aspen: Josh Wolman
Town of Basalt: Carrey Sims
Town of Carbondale: Cassie Cerise
Western Eagle County: Shaun Baldwin
Eastern Eagle County: Gabriella Matus
Glenwood Springs: Erik Mazur